- Blood is the main circulatory medium in the human body.
- It is a red-coloured fluid connective tissue.
Functions of blood
- Transport of respiratory gases (Oxygen and CO,).
- Transport of digested food materials to the different body cells.
- Transport of hormones.
- Transport of nitrogenous excretory products like ammonia, urea and uric acid.
- It is involved in the protection of the body and defence against diseases.
- It acts as a buffer and also helps in the regulation of pH and body temperature.
- It maintains proper water balance in the body.